Position: 2022 Visual Design Intern← Back to listings
We are looking for a talented and driven intern to join our studio of five. This position is part time or full time and involves being a core member of the team, working on a range of active projects. We can offer payment or school credit. The position runs until December 15th.
Please submit the following documents:
- Resume (PDF)
- Portfolio - URL or PDF
At Channel we are focused on using technology to create a wide variety of interactive experiences, from websites and mobile applications to immersive installations. As the fifth member of our team you would be deeply involved in our work as a studio. This means you would participate in ideation concept sessions and be working on visual designs that communicate product function, motion graphics and animation effects, website mockups and branding, art direction, and generation of other visual assets. And generally making things that look crazy cool.
This is a very graphic design intensive role. We are especially looking for someone with crossover skills, like animation and/or an interest in Blender or Cinema 4D.
Someone who wants to work at the cutting edge of design and technology. You seek to make waves in both worlds while being a fundamental part of the creative process. You want to contribute to pitches, help refine strategy, and above all else get your hands dirty. You're self-motivated and interested in entrepreneurship. Required Skills:
- Strong and flexible skills in visual design and interaction design
- Strong command of typography
- Proficiency with Adobe creative suite
- Comfort with design software for wireframing and prototyping (Figma or Principle)
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Passion for design creative applications of technology
- Interest in new modes of interaction
- Self-organized and able to work with minimal direction
- 3D Graphics skills (Blender, Cinema 4D, etc.)
- After Effects or similar motion graphics capabilities
- Creative coding capabilities (p5, processing, openframeworks)
- Experience with design research
- Data visualization
How to apply:
Resume and portfolio should be submitted to jobs [at] channel [dot] studio
Subject Line: 2022 Visual Design Intern - First & Last Name